Oracle Flashback: A more efficient and faster way to recover your database
There are always those situations that make you wish life had a rewind button. That includes certain situations when it comes to technology. When working with databases, human errors are inevitable. As you can imagine, it would be a headache and it would be very time-consuming to undo a single mistake when it comes to databases – especially if we are talking about big databases.
However, you would not have this problem if you use Oracle Flashback. With Oracle Flashback, you can easily correct an error and correct it fast. What’s more, it does not matter how big or small your database is, you will still be able to plug errors quickly. You can use Oracle Flashback on any level, from transaction to rows to tables and even to the entire database.
Features of Oracle Flashback
Oracle Flashback makes use of the following features that you can enjoy:
- Flashback Database helps you restore your entire database to a certain point in time. You do not have to take out your backups then do forward recovery. Instead, you will be working with optimized flashback logs.
- Flashback Table allows you to recover tables easily. This way, you would only need to recover a table if there is a logical corruption to that particular table only.
- Flashback Drop allows you to recover a table that has been accidentally dropped or deleted. This includes all of the indexes, triggers and constraints that the table has.
- Flashback Transaction allows you to undo a single transaction’s effects. If you need to, this feature also undos all dependent transactions that arises out of that one transaction. You do all these using only one PL/SQL operation or even via the Enterprise Manager wizard.
- Flashback Transaction Query allows you to view all the modifications that were made by a particular transaction. This will come in handy if a single transaction can cause changes in multiple tables or rows.
- Flashback Query enables you to logically reconstruct your database’s corrupted data that might have been accidentally changed or deleted.
- Flashback Versions Query allows you to recover different versions of a row from different times instead of just one point in time.
- You will also appreciate the Total Recall feature, which manages and queries historical data over the long term. This feature automatically monitors every single modification or change that was made to your data and database. It also helps maintain an efficient, accessible and secure archive of your historical data.
What’s more, you can gain the ability to query your historical data and do some change analysis. You could also have Oracle Flashback do self-repair to bounce back from logical corruption even when your database is online.
If you need to be able to undo unavoidable mistakes with your database using Oracle Flashback, then you can rely on Four Cornerstone to help you. We can help you license and deploy Oracle Flashback. We can also help you train your staff on how to properly use your Oracle investments and help make your life a whole lot easier and let you finish your work a whole lot faster. Talk to us at +1 (817) 377-1144.