Hardware Spotlight: Oracle Exadata Database Machine
Up to a few years ago, IT had it good. You could use generic hardware to run your enterprise applications and you would not really run into any problems. But that has changed because of new technologies coming in. Big data, social media, mobile platforms, as well as changing business needs have changed this.Click here to read more about this article
Nowadays, you need to have enterprise level hardware in order to satisfactorily run your enterprise applications. Most businesses realize this but cannot do anything about it because they simply do not have the money to spend on overhauling their IT infrastructure.
Good thing there is Oracle. Oracle has come up with a way for businesses to have integrated and optimized systems where hardware and software work together to give you the best performance you need.
This is what Oracle calls its engineered systems and one shining example is the Oracle Exadata Database Machine.
The Oracle Exadata Database Machine allows you to get the most out of your Oracle Database, as it runs all database related workloads such as data warehousing, mixed workload consolidation and online transaction processing. As such, you can have the perfect foundation for your database cloud and you get the most out of your databases.
Oracle currently has a variety of offerings. For instance:
- X4-2. You can get X4-2 in different configurations from full rack to as minimal as 1/8th of a rack. A full rack configuration can get you eight two-socket database servers and more.
- X3-8. If you deal with databases that hold a humongous volume of data, you can rely on the X3-8 to give you the best performance for all your apps.
- Oracle Exadata Storage Expansion Rack X4-2. The storage expansion rack allows you to improve your storage and bandwidth. This is perfect for archived and historical data, backups, docus, XML data and unstructured data.
Oracle Exadata Database Machines allow you to get optimized hardware and software to work together so that you could cut on costs and run your applications at top speeds and performance. And unlike non-optimized systems, you can expect consistently high levels of performance from Oracle Exadata Database Machine!
Other Benefits from Oracle Exadata Database Machine
- No learning curves. If you have been using Oracle Database software, then you would appreciate that you would not have to learn anything to use Oracle Exadata. You can use all tools, applications and options that you are currently using with Oracle Database for Oracle Exadata.
- Automatic data migration. Oracle Exadata uses a storage hierarchy consisting of disk, DRAM and Flash so that your data is automatically migrated. This way you get to save on storage costs while also getting top performance.
- Compression. Exadata has the Hybrid Columnar Compression, which allows you to reduce the size of your data to up to a tenth of its original size, while cutting the size of your archival tables up to 50%.
Call Four Cornerstone today and experience the benefits of using Oracle Exadata Database Machine!