Oracle ZFS Storage Appliance: The best network-attached storage (NAS) platform for your budding enterprise
If you want the best network-attached storage (NAS) for your enterprise, then look no further than Oracle ZFS Storage Appliance. It is a hybrid storage system that is cache-centric.
Oracle ZFS Storage Appliance features a huge DRAM and Flash, and runs on a multi-threaded symmetric multiprocessing operating system. This set up allows you to serve anywhere from 70 percent to 90 percent of I/Os from your DRAM, making Oracle ZFS Storage Appliance just perfect for storage consolidation no matter how demanding your workloads are.Click here to read more about this article
There are three Oracle ZFS Storage Appliances to choose from:
- Oracle ZFS Storage ZS3-2
- Oracle ZFS Storage ZS3-4
- Oracle ZFS Storage ZS3-BA
Oracle ZFS Storage ZS3-2 is the entry-level system that still gives you extreme efficiency and value. On the other hand, the Oracle ZFS Storage ZS3-4 gives you a bigger NAS system that gives you more cost savings, no complexity and lower risks. You get the fastest storage with very low total cost of ownership.
Both the ZS3-2 and ZS3-4 have the following benefits
- You get a NAS system that uses hybrid columnar compression, compressing the data better at 10 times to 50 times better than other compatible systems. Performance is around five times faster as well.
- Uses Oracle Intelligent Storage Protocol, which helps you do away with a lot of manual tuning, configuration and setup for Oracle Database. You use at least 65 percent less time and resources.
- You also get more DRAMs, Flash and cores than any similar system from the competition. This way, you get seamless storage consolidation and better performance. You can also run advanced data workloads without slowing down the system.
- Both systems come with multithreaded OSs, hybrid storage pools, DTrace Analytics (which gives you high throughput), parallel processing, lower cost and better efficiency, as well as simplified management and faster troubleshooting for performance bottlenecks.
- Finally, you can cut down on storage cost by using features such as compression and inline de-duplication. You can also get a wide variety of applications, such as virtual environments, file sharing and data warehousing among others.
Meanwhile, the Oracle ZFS Storage ZS3-BA gives you the best storage system for backups and recovery systems, you get an engineered system that allows you to meet your service level agreements, lower risks and costs, and you no longer need a third party data reduction system or software.
Oracle ZFS Storage ZS3-BA is co-engineered with Oracle’s engineered systems and database. It has all the things you would love with Oracle ZFS Storage ZS3-2 and Oracle ZFS Storage ZS3-4. For instance, you get 40 gigabytes per second of bandwidth because you are using Infiniband that is directly connected to Oracle Engineered Systems, and you get to avoid backup inefficiencies by using standard Oracle RMAN technology. Furthermore, you get fast access to StorageTek tape storage for storing your cold data or archives, while also delivering fast restore and backup for your Oracle Database.
Do you want to find out which Oracle ZFS Storage Appliance is the best for your business? Call Four Cornerstone at 1 (817) 377 1144 today!