This is the second part of the article. In the first part, we talked about big data, advanced and personalized cloud computing services, on demand services, virtualization and IT consumerization. You can read Part 1 here.
We will now continue the list of the top 10 tech trends that will drastically change you do business in 2014.
6. Wear Your Own Device (WYOD) – as wearable technology continues to hit the market, the big players will be launching game changers in the form of smart glasses, smart watches, fitness trackers and other devices consumers can wear wherever and whenever they are. Wearable tech will also spun the Internet of Things (IoT) industry – another up-and-coming technology trend worth looking for this year. With wearable and IoT steady increasing its presence, it’s no wonder why several top IT giants are joining the trend. Cases in point were when Google purchased Nest for $3.2 billion in February 2014 and Facebook buying Oculus for $2 billion in March 2014. This presents a huge opportunity for your organization to turn this trend to your advantage as we expect both wearable and the Internet of Things will be worth billions of dollars in the coming years.
7. Training and Education through Games – users will benefit from the immersive experience of realistic 3D interfaces to accelerate advanced simulations and other skill-based learning software. In other words, the gamification of training and education.
8. Online Learning will change Global Education – Location and tuition will cease to become limits for consumers who want to receive knowledge and training. Combined with the gamification, the advent of Massive Open Online Courses (MOOS) will change the face of global education as we know it.
9. ePublishing – the abundance of mobile devices like smart phones and tablets will also enact a paradigm shift for the way we consume information. Hence, easy-to-use software eBooks, eMagazines, eNewspapers, as well as interactive multimedia eTextbooks geared to free students from a static and expensive learning experience.
10. Social Business Applications And Mobile Apps – as smart phones and tablets become smarter with the advances in storage, bandwidth and processing power, more software for business, such as Social Search and Social Analytics will become the norm for Wall street, marketers and researchers. Mobile devices will become the new primary computer, and the increase level of mobility will allow you as a business to change your marketing, selling, communication, collaboration, education, training and innovation.
However, all this is just the tip of the iceberg. As technology for business advances, it would bode well for your business to adapt them into your computing environment before your competitors do.
If you want to learn more on how you can use most of these technology trends and apply it to your business, contact Four Cornerstone now! We can help you become more agile than even your biggest competitors, and help you boost your current resources for better things. We can also make sure that you are working with the experts, as well as get the right applications you need. Call us now and find out how our consulting services can help you maximize your IT investment!
Photo courtesy of Google.