Cloud solutions level the playing field as far as businesses go. Smaller companies can now take advantage of cloud solutions to become big players. Small businesses can now scale up quickly without having to worry about huge IT capital investments. It is now the large companies that would need to try and catch up with the agility of small companies.
On top of that, companies who are looking to modernize their IT assets can rely on cloud solutions to help them do that. Even those companies that are trying to replace decades-old IT infrastructures. Cloud solutions give you an option that would be easy to use and allow you to take advantage of the latest technologies. Suddenly, technology buzzwords cease to be mere words, but a reality at your company. You can now access your IT resources from anywhere in the world using any mobile device, use all the best practices in IT, and improve collaboration and social capabilities. All the while, you are becoming more agile and you are able to save more money.
[expand title=”Click here to read more about this article”]
But how can you ensure cloud success?
1. You should realize how the cloud brings value to your business. You should have a clear picture of the total cost of ownership when you get onto the cloud and how this would affect your balance sheet. Then you should be able to determine business opportunities in the cloud as well as the disruptions that could happen when you are in the process of getting on the cloud. You should have a clear understanding of time to market gains. Then you should be aware of the implementation risks. These risks include data security and risks associated with determining which of your applications are safe to move onto the cloud and which ones should stay in-house. You should know the rules and the laws that could affect cloud adoption, and you should know how ready your business really is to operate in the cloud.
2. Formulate a roadmap. Then you can now create, develop and implement plans to:
- Optimize your current IT resources. As an IT professional or CIO, you should be able to develop ways on how to make the most out of your current IT capabilities in order to give your employees flexible and more efficient business services.
- Improve current business models and processes. Using a cloud service can help you change the way your processes are carried out and help you overcome the previous hurdles that hinder you from executing your business processes. As a CIO, you should be able to address the organizational model, vendor management, sourcing and governance.
- Identify and develop new business models. The C-suite should be able to use the cloud in order to come up with new business models that were previously not possible without these cloud services.
An Example: Oracle Human Capital Management
Oracle Human Capital Management Cloud can help you manage your employees and talent, have an easy time with core human resources, and makes compensation simple. Employees have better experiences with you and are very much engaged because Oracle Human Capital Management allows you to lessen human intervention and allows them to do things by themselves. Meanwhile, business managers have access to data and analytics that would help them make good decisions faster, such as in the case of who gets promoted or how much salary increase is in the works.
With Oracle HCM, you have a world of insights to gain, including attrition rates and why they are so high, as well as identifying and correcting low performers, and how to move resources around in order to be more successful.
And the good news is that Four Cornerstone can help you with Oracle Human Capital Manager and a range of Oracle Cloud products. Call us today and ask about our Oracle consulting services in Dallas.[/expand]
Photo by GotCredit.