Oracle Exalytics In-Memory Machine holds the distinction of being the very first analytics machine that does its processing in-memory, giving you the best performance you need for your enterprise performance management and business intelligence applications.
The hardware is actually a single server that has both Oracle Times Ten In-Memory Database for Exalytics and Oracle Business Intelligence Foundation Suite. Because the machine has a lot of memory, fast processors, big storage, fast networking, concurrency, and overall configurations, you could expect better responsiveness with your queries, better user scalability and lower total cost of ownership when compared to just getting software.
Features and Benefits of Oracle Exalytics In-Memory Machine
- Oracle Exalytics In-Memory Machine is a single server that may be mounted on racks. This gives you high availability while also ensuring that you can easily get more memory by clustering multiple Oracle Exalytics servers together.
- Fast and powerful. Oracle Exalytics In-Memory Machine has Intel’s Xeon E7-4800 processors in it, as well as fast interconnections between the I/O and the processors. Every processor can run 10 computer cores, allowing you to have up to 10 cores in one machine. You also have two terabytes of memory to work with, plus 2.4 terabytes of flash storage to make storage issues and performance slowdowns a thing of the past.
[expand title=”Click here to read more about this article”]
- Fast network connectivity. Not only will you get fast connections to your systems, data sources and data warehouses, you will also appreciate having high-speed connectivity to your networks that allow you to create clusters that would come in handy for disaster recovery, load balancing and high availability. With Oracle Exalytics In-Memory Machine, you can use InfiniBand, 1 GB and 10 GB Ethernet, and Integrated Lights Out Management, all of these network interfaces can do failovers and cluster setups.
Oracle Exalytics Software
Aside from the ones mentioned above, you also stand to benefit from these software that are included in the machine:
- Oracle Business Intelligence Foundation Suite, the best and most comprehensive BI platform available today.
- Oracle Times Ten In-Memory Database for Exalytics, a relational database that is optimized to carry out analytical in-memory processing.
- Oracle Endeca Information Discovery, which gives you a way to discover new data sources such as social media mentions, Web site comments, e-mail and documents, and other unstructured data.
- Oracle Essbase, is the best in its class (OLAP server) that is focused on analytic applications.
Bringing Together Data Warehousing and OLTP
Aside from being fully optimized for in-memory processing, Oracle Exadata Database Machine is also the only machine that gives you the best performance for both online transaction processing and data warehousing. So if you need a platform for private clouds, this is one consideration to make.
What’s more, the Oracle Exadata Database Machine also gives you a platform for new applications that were not even possible before.
Interested in Oracle Exalytics In-Memory Machine? Call Four Cornerstone today and get all the benefits of having Oracle work for your business intelligence, enterprise performance management and in-memory analytics.
You no longer have to wait because we have a team of Oracle experts that can help you acquire, configure, deploy and maintain Oracle Exalytics In-Memory Machine and other Oracle products.
Photo courtesy of Oracle.[/expand]