One of the things that you should look at when you are deciding on a database software is high availability. Why? Because your database is the single most important component of your IT as it houses the most critical of all your business assets: DATA.
If your customers, employees and other stakeholders cannot access your data because it is not available, then you stand to lose money. A simple downtime can easily cost you millions! And monetary losses are not the only problem you will have. Customers and employees who have had a bad experience with you can affect your reputation and can influence the way people perceive your reliability.
Now, if you are looking for a database that has high availability built into its design, then go for Oracle Database 12c.
[expand title=”Click here to read more about this article”]
What makes Oracle Database 12c highly available?
Oracle Database 12c has the following capabilities, tools and apps:
- Active Data Guard
- Application Continuity
- Cloud Computing
- Cloud Storage
- Cross-Platform Transportable Tablespace
- Data Guard
- Edition-Based Redefinition
- Flashback Technologies
- Global Data Services
- Online Reorganization
- Oracle Clusterware
- Oracle Real Application Clusters
- Oracle VM
- Recovery Manager (RMAN)
- Secure Backup
All of these capabilities are compatible with each other, so that they could easily work together to eliminate or reduce downtime – both planned and unplanned ones! What these range of capabilities can help you achieve:
- Data availability: You get to make sure that your data is accessible at all times, thus interruptions to your operations are kept to a minimum or are altogether avoided.
- High performance: You should enjoy fast response times for all of your operations.
- Data protection: It makes sure that all your data are intact to avoid data loss.
- Cost reduction: You do not need to pay a lot to support, manage or even deploy your database.
- Risk mitigation: Your business changes all the time, so you need a solution that allows you to deliver the services required over a lengthy period of time without costly hiccups and surprises.
Oracle also made sure that all of these high-availability capabilities are cost effective so that you do not have to worry about your budget while also reducing your business’ risks and getting high levels of data protection. These capabilities are also very flexible and adaptable, so that you could get the high availability you need no matter what business conditions you have.
Oracle innovates with the Database 12c
With Oracle Database 12C, the company really made some headway as far as cloud computing and consolidation are concerned. First, you have the multitenant architecture that can help you consolidate and manage your databases as one. The multitenant environment is actually a risky one without the high-availability capabilities. This is because you are literally putting all your databases into a single container database. That means that if something goes wrong with your container database, all your other databases are affected. This is the reason why Oracle stepped up with high availability. The new capabilities allow you to treat your databases like you would when dealing with private clouds. In short, you have more redundancy, high protection against data loss and transparent failovers.
Raring to use Oracle Database 12c to ensure high availability for your systems? Call Four Cornerstone today and get it up running in no time!
Photo courtesy of Oracle.[/expand]