If you are serious about big data, then you must not limit your preparations to just the software. Why not get the Oracle Big Data Appliance X4-2?
Oracle Big Data Appliance X4-2 is a complete platform for your big data systems. It was designed to make data processing more secure, while also keeping the cost down. It does not matter if you need to do real-time or batch processing, you can rely on Oracle Big Data Appliance to be optimized for your big data operations.
Oracle Big Data Appliance is powered by the best technologies for big data operations:
- Apache Hadoop. Handles the batch processing side of the appliance, enabling you to have the infrastructure to process huge amounts of data.
- Cloudera Impala. Handles real time queries so that you could access Hadoop data without having to go through the MapReduce framework.
- Cloudera Search. Cloudera Search allows you to have interactive and full text search.
- Oracle NoSQL Database. You get very scalable and highly available database software.
Big Data Connectors
Aside from these, you can also use Oracle Big Data Connectors so that you could easily integrate and analyze data.
With Big Data Connectors, you can transfer data from both Oracle Database and Oracle Exadata at roughly 15 terabytes per hour. You can also integrate your analytics so that it would run on the Oracle Big Data Appliance.
[expand title=”Click here to read more about this article”]
In terms of hardware, you get only the best from Sun Microsystems, ensuring great computing power, memory footprint and input-output balance. You get 33% more space than the previous big data appliance. Further, you have integrated management tools that come with the appliance.
Aside from having powerhouse hardware and software, you can also be sure that Oracle Big Data Appliance can help you no matter what you need. It can easily integrate third-party software, and even your homegrown applications. For instance, if you need fraud detection running on your appliance, you can just put in external software for that feature!
1. You can save with an Oracle Big Data Appliance compared to a Hadoop platform that you build yourself. The costs at the start as well as the cost of maintaining, optimizing and growing your Oracle Big Data Appliance X4-2 will be much cheaper than having to build your own Hadoop system.
2. You can manage the Big Data Appliance using Oracle Enterprise Manager.
3. You get more security with the Oracle Big Data Appliance using Hadoop’s inherent strong authentications, auditing and authorization. You can be sure that no hacker will be added to your system, and you can authorize SQL access. You can also integrate your Big Data Appliance with Oracle Database Firewall and Oracle Audit Vault.
4. Grow your Oracle Big Data Appliance as your needs grow too. You can start off with the starter rack, which gives you all the things you need for a full rack. For the starter rack, you can just expand as needed. What’s more, you can make use of multiple racks by connecting these via infiniBand so that you could easily have bigger configurations if you need it!
Take advantage of Oracle Big Data Appliance X4-2. If you need any help, call Four Cornerstone and we can get your hardware up and running in no time!
Photo courtesy of Oracle.[/expand]