In this modern technology landscape, there is no offering more eye-catching than a solution that allows enterprises to take advantage of cloud services inside their own data center.
There are many organizations worldwide that have been contemplating of moving to the cloud, but there are several obstacles that hamper them from embracing cloud technology. The barriers range from business to data security issues, internal compliance to country-specific regulatory restrictions.
Then Oracle Cloud at Customer came, the latest and first-of-a-kind cloud services offering from Oracle. Designed to enable companies to move to the cloud easily, the solution simplifies cloud adoption. It eliminates some obstacles that hinder organizations from adopting cloud computing.
The recent launching of Oracle Cloud at Customer gave enterprises the opportunity to enjoy the many benefits of cloud services while having the choice of running their workloads either in the public cloud or within their own data center.
Oracle Cloud at Customer offers the following powerful components:
Oracle Cloud at Customer delivers virtual networking, elastic compute, messaging, file storage, and identity management functions. These features enable portability of both Oracle and non-Oracle workloads into the cloud. To have a complete portfolio of services, Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS) functionalities such as Elastic Load Balancer and Containers, will be added.
- Data Management
Oracle Database Cloud empowers organizations to administer data infrastructure in the cloud. On top of the Database Cloud offerings, Database Exadata Cloud and a wide range of Big Data Cloud services will also be made available to customers. The services include Big Data Cloud, Big Data Discovery, Big Data SQL and Big Data Preparation.
- Application Development
Oracle Cloud at Customer has Oracle Java Cloud, which enables customers to develop and deploy Java applications in the cloud. Other application development services such as Ruby, Java SE, Node.Js and PHP, will soon be available.
- Enterprise Integration
The software has Oracle Integration Cloud service that simplifies integration of applications from the corporate data center to the cloud. Additional features will be added in the near future, including capabilities for API Management, SOA and Internet of Things (IoT).
Oracle Cloud at Customer delivers the steady experience of seamlessly managing workloads in Oracle Cloud and on-premises environment.
Benefits of Oracle Cloud at Customer
Extending the Oracle Public Cloud services into the organization’s data center enables them to reap all the advantages of cloud computing. As such, businesses get to enjoy cloud’s agility, scalability and simplicity within the confines of their premises. Customers get exactly the same experience like in the Oracle Cloud. They also get the most recent innovations using the Oracle platform that is residing completely in their data center. What’s more, they enjoy these benefits while using Oracle’s subscription pricing model.
Many things are in store for companies that plan to use Oracle Cloud at Customer, including the following:
- Customers can use the software for a number of enterprise computing requirements. This is possible because Cloud at Customer is fully integrated with Oracle Public Cloud. The companies can utilize the platform for development and testing, workload portability and disaster recovery. It also offers a single application program interface and scripting toolkit for DevOps.
- Organizations can fully control their data since the software is installed in their corporate data center. It also enables enterprises to meet data sovereignty and data residency regulations, which require them to contain customer data within their data center or within their geographic location.
- Customers can execute their workload properly between cloud and on-premises environments using identical toolsets and APIs.
- To handle business requirements, users can shift Oracle and non-Oracle workloads between cloud and on-premises data center with ease.
- Developers can rapidly develop, test and deploy new applications, enabling them to achieve faster time to market. And since Oracle’s latest updates and innovations on its public cloud are automatically delivered on premises, users become more innovative.
- Businesses will have peace of mind when it comes to meeting industry and country-specific regulatory and compliance requirements. Oracle Cloud at Customer complies with various regulations, such as the global credit and debit card industry’s Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard (PCI-DSS), US healthcare industry’s Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA), and the US federal government’s Federal Risk and Authorization Management Program (FedRAMP). It also complies with the United Kingdom’s Data Protection Act and Germany’s Federal Data Protection Act, among others.
Integration Issues are Eradicated
Many enterprises are still stuck with old integration problems. With Oracle Cloud at Customer, running workloads in the cloud and on premises are seamlessly integrated.
Cloud at Customer boasts of 100% compatibility with Oracle Cloud services. This feature was a result of Oracle’s close to four decades of integrating enterprise systems, giving them a strong foothold in this field. The company’s promise of using the same technology on both sides is present in this new platform. It has the same hardware, software, functionalities and operational services that are available in Oracle Public Cloud. Only this time, these offerings are available in the corporate data center, under the company’s control. This platform truly empowers the customers to run Oracle Cloud at any place they want it to run.
Another unique offering is its capability to provide a one-step migration between its on-premises applications, tools and databases and those in Oracle Public Cloud.
With all these, the transition to the cloud becomes much easier. Notably, Oracle Cloud has a strong following worldwide. The company has over 70 million users and supports more than 34 billion transactions every single day. Oracle runs in 19 data centers across the globe.
Oracle Cloud at Customer: The best of both worlds
Oracle Cloud at Customer delivers an innovative way for organizations to benefit from cloud technology. It enables enterprises to exploit the cloud within their own premises while still enjoying exactly the same services available in Oracle Cloud. It brings the cloud’s flexibility, speed and agility into the corporate data center. What’s more, Oracle Cloud at Customer meets the business, regulatory and compliance requirements all behind the company’s firewall.
Photo courtesy of Oracle.