As organizations evolve with their products and services, business models, and processes to keep up with the dynamic global marketplace, there is more and more need for an enterprise cloud. Enterprise cloud enables a single architecture to host all workloads of any given enterprise and be able to manage with the highest levels of service availability.
When it comes to the enterprise cloud, Oracle offers choice and flexibility with one of the world’s most comprehensive, secure, efficient and modern portfolio to meet all kinds of business needs. The Oracle Enterprise Manager is an integrated enterprise IT management line, which is the industry’s only integrated, complete and business-driven cloud management solution at the moment. It creates value for the business IT by leveraging its management capabilities for traditional and cloud environments, which make customers achieve unprecedented efficiency and service levels. It also offers a complete cloud lifecycle, which includes a quick set up and support systems – from applications to disk. Lastly, it provides maximum return on IT investment as it offers the best solutions with its real-time integration of knowledge base and each customer environment, warranting the best levels of service through business application management. Built to help customers extend their workloads, from the traditional model into either public or private clouds, it offers more than 500 new features including a cloud strategy for hardware and software solutions.
The phased approach
More and more enterprises organize their database transformation into an efficient phased approach towards an enterprise cloud with discrete steps that are each achievable, distinct and providing significant benefits.
- The first phase usually involves simplifying the IT estate and its processes by standardizing it at every level possible. This results into environments and services that are more uniform and easy to run. It also results into a faster deployment and delivery, reducing costs of operation and risks inherent in the business.
- The next phase is the consolidation of workloads into a shared infrastructure, which enables rapid provisioning of services. In almost all consolidation architectures, the workloads share similar infrastructure. For Oracle Database, consolidating multiple databases on shared servers can be easily implemented especially with its Database Resource Manager. Furthermore, something new in Oracle Database 12c is its multitenant architecture, which enables highly efficient consolidation of its standardized services. Through PDBs (pluggable databases), the efficiency is increased multifold by hosting different database workloads in a single point of database management framework.
- The last phase is the service delivery phase, which aims to increase speed through automation of online operations. Services are usually provisioned faster when they operate at higher levels even when there is less manual attention. The key characteristic of an efficient service delivery is when it has automated and dynamic management of resources.
[expand title=”Click here to read more about this article”]
Oracle Database 12c for enterprise cloud
Oracle Database 12c for enterprise cloud delivers innovations to the world’s industry-leading database technologies. Having been in development for four years, 12c has many important new capabilities up in its sleeve. These include deployment options fully supported with Active Data Guard Far Sync (which translates to no data loss), and Global Data Services (which is extended across many datacenters).
- Active Data Guard Far Sync only needs a small amount of CPU, memory and I/O resources. All data files are kept private. Do you have a slow network connection? No worries with Active Data Guard Far Sync as it condenses transport using the Oracle Advanced Compression tool.
- Global Data Services includes a span of multiple database instances, which can also belong to different albeit synchronized databases – whether in near or far locations. This extends Oracle service management, and includes benefits like higher availability and scalability across multiple databases.
Seemingly, it also provides excellent manageability, including the supervision of the software’s images.
On the other hand, with databases getting more and more powerful, there is also the issue of consolidation especially with projects becoming more and more complex. There are multiple reasons to consolidate. Although consolidating databases might seem like a simple job, what makes it remarkably difficult is due to the task’s technical complexity as well as the presence of many parts that need to be moved. Parts that are misplaced can be a huge disadvantage to consolidation.
Oracle Database 12c enables a more efficient consolidation process with its SQL translation framework. This allows easier migration from SQL databases outside Oracle into standardized 12c environments. It also offers a multitenant architecture that gives room to rapid movement, creation, and cloning of back ends, making it the most operational consolidation in the market today. The multitenant architecture makes sure that the database is now handled just once, providing a very efficient model. It also offers strong resource isolation with its Database Resource Manager.
When it comes to Service Delivery, Oracle Database 12c too has its distinctive edge. For starters, it offers a high standard of service with its automated and policy-driven monitoring system. 12c provides a rapid home provisioning especially for the management of standardized software images. It can perform well using only simple commands, like importing existing homes into the environment, switching existing database to gold image level, promoting local homes to gold image, and upgrading all instantiations to new gold image levels. All of these are prerequisites to meet today’s intensive environments requiring Enterprise Clouds.
For a more efficient enterprise cloud, try Oracle Database 12c now! You get top-of-the-line programs, such as Oracle Multitenant, Active Data Guard Far Sync and GDS, to leverage your cloud computing strategy. If you want assistance or need to know more about how 12c can help your business, call Four Cornerstone now. We have a wide range of experience dealing with different enterprise technologies.
We have a team of experts who can help you with Oracle Database 12c and Oracle Cloud solutions. Four Cornerstone can support you with Oracle Cloud migration, custom integration and new environment configuration. We can help you deploy your database and application technology to public, private and hybrid cloud platforms. Call us now at 817-377-1144![/expand]