To cope with the challenges of competitive business environment, organizations must not only continue to innovate. They must also learn to mitigate risks. One way to do this is to monitor and control IT investments to ensure they’re in line with corporate objectives.
The key to successful IT initiatives is to first establish best enterprise architecture practices in place. Many companies adopt integrated SOA Governance to manage multiple assets and artifacts throughout the lifecycle. SOA Governance enables manageability of SOA and shows how the lifecycle management of business processes, services and enterprise assets affects the enterprise’s effectiveness.
Oracle Enterprise Repository (OER)
Oracle offers a product that delivers a solid foundation for API Lifecycle Management and SOA Governance. Oracle Enterprise Repository provides extensive insights on the impact of projects and changes that are related to application programming and other integration artifacts.
OER solution provides visibility into all SOA assets. It minimizes redundancy, promotes service reuse, and enhances ROI. It also enables end-to-end governance of the SOA lifecycle. This feature automates the asset’s lifecycle development, monitors compliance with regulatory standards, and mitigates risks through automated, repeatable process. What’s more, OER provides analytics that track the progress of SOA initiatives and provides insights on SOA business values for better decision-making.
Oracle Enterprise Repository key features
OER changes the way business executives and IT professionals work across the organization by leveraging the following functionalities:
- Enterprise Visibility – provides role-based visibility into all assets under development to lessen redundancy and foster service collaboration.
- End-to-End Traceability – enables asset-to-asset and asset-to-project navigation to streamline impact analysis and reinforce business alignment.
- Comprehensive Metadata – aggregates data on the lifecycle period, approval phase and policy compliance to establish a record system for all asset information. This functionality enables organizations to disclose the corresponding asset information to all relevant project teams.
- Automated Introspection – allows automatic introspection of Web Services Description Languages, BPEL and XML Schema Definitions to keep the repository services current.
- API and SOA Lifecycle Management – supports the entire API and asset lifecycle with governance controls and automation.
- Advanced Registration Flows – automates workflows throughout the registration and lifecycle management. This feature helps companies establish trust and minimize risk by ensuring assets meet the standards before they are marketed.
- Policy Management – optimizes policies and collaboration across the organization to help accelerate policy management.
- Prescriptive Reuse – prescribes project standards that are delivered using compliance templates. It also monitors usage and checks compliance to incorporate reuse into the development process.
- Architecture Controls – manages architecture alignment during design and construction to ensure compliance with architectural standards.
- Built-in Best Practices – Oracle Enterprise Repository includes a comprehensive set of built-in best practices and templates to accelerate your success.
At the end of the day, it takes more than just agility to innovate and stay competitive in this challenging business environment. There are several other business and IT aspects to consider, and mitigating risks is one critical area to look at. Integrated lifecycle management and SOA governance are the key things to consider when reducing risks.
Contact Four Cornerstone now and learn how your enterprise will benefit from Oracle Enterprise Repository. Our Oracle Consulting in Dallas Forth Worth will explain how you will gain a comprehensive visibility of all your assets as well as drive growth using data analytics and business intelligence (BI).