Oracle Linux Certification: Validate your skills in Oracle Linux
Linux might be free to download and use but Oracle Linux comes with some great benefits. Only Oracle gives Linux users the most comprehensive offerings: from applications, management tools, databases, middleware, operating system and even hardware. You get to use all these and have only one centralized source for support.
Oracle Linux can give you the latest innovations in the OS. Oracle Linux is noteworthy because it consistently delivers better performance, scalability and reliability. It is also optimized to run for business purposes.
If you are looking to validate your skills and prove to would-be employers that you have the talent, knowledge and expertise to install, deploy, maintain, administer and troubleshoot systems running on Oracle Linux, then there are two certification paths that you could take with Oracle Linux:
- Associate Certification
- Professional Certification
To get associate certification in Oracle Linux, you would need to pass the 1Z0-100, or Oracle Linux 5 and 6 System Administration, exam. You are now an Oracle Certified Associate, Oracle Linux 5 and 6 System Administrator and could go on to become an Oracle Certified Professional or an Oracle Linux 6 System Administrator.
The Oracle Linux 5 and 6 System Administration Exam has around 150 to 220 multiple-choice questions that you would need to answer in 2.5 to 3.5 hours.Click here to read more about this article
Exam topics include:
- the basics of Linux, including using shell variables, creating and maintaining shell scripts, managing processes, administering /etc/sudoers, performing file compression and archiving, among other topics
- Linux concepts, where you would be asked to describe the history of the operating system, the kernel development model, different Linux distributions, Oracle Linux solutions, compatibility with other Linux distributions and the Unbreakable Enterprise Kernel
- installing Oracle Linux
- configuring the Linux Boot Process and other system configuration topics
- installation and maintenance of Oracle Linux packages
- use and management of Ksplice
- task automation and system logging
- managing users, groups and kernel modules
- getting your head around file systems, storage devices, network configurations, swaps, file sharing, authentication and other functions
To become an Oracle Certified Professional or Oracle Linux 6 System Administrator, you would need to be an Oracle Certified Associate, Oracle Linux 5 and 6 System Administrator or an Oracle Linux Administrator Certified Associate.
Once you have these prior certifications, you would need to pass the 1Z0-105 – Oracle Linux 6 Advanced System Administration exam. The 1Z0-105 exam is also a multiple choice test with 150 to 220 questions that you would have to finish in 2.5 to 3.5 hours. This exam has been validated against the latest Oracle Linux version, Linux 6.
Pass your Oracle Linux certification exams with the help of Four Cornerstone
Four Cornerstone can help you prepare for Oracle Linux certifications while also helping your IT team update themselves on Oracle technologies. In essence, you will be working with a group of Oracle experts to conduct training and education events for your entire IT team. You can definitely save with us with volume discounts, while still getting updated Oracle-approved training and earning learning credits that you can use for any available Oracle training events. What’s more, we can create customized training modules for your team.
Here are our offers:
Contact Four Cornerstone now and pass all Oracle Linux certification exams with flying colors!