The reality is that aroundorganizations have experienced unplanned downtimes in the past two years, according to a 2013 study from the Ponemon Institute.
It could happen to you and the effects could be disastrous! This is the reason why disaster recovery, which is basically having a Plan B, is very important.
More than that, there are other reasons why you should not cut down your disaster recovery budgets.
1. Disaster recovery is easy and simple.
Even if you were on the cloud, disaster recovery would prove to be easy to implement. No longer are you required to have a lot of data centers, software and a large network. With virtualization, you can forego all these and still have a high level of data replication and portability. You can even specify how you want certain data and applications be recovered.
2. Disaster recovery can help you get back to your feet very quickly.
When you get hit by a downtime, having the right disaster recovery solutions in place will help you not just with getting your data back up for use, but also with your applications. In effect, you are not only relying on remote backups; with disaster recovery, you can return to normal operations in no time.
[expand title=”Click here to read more about this article”]
3. Disaster recovery pays for itself.
According to the Acronis Global Disaster Recovery Index, in 2012, businesses reported needing around 2.2 days to recover from an IT failure. That would easily translate to business losses of close to $370,000 a year.
And that’s just the productivity losses. Add to this the hidden costs, such as the negative hit on your reputation and brand, and you will never think about cutting down on your disaster recovery budget. Also, this means that your disaster recovery solutions ultimately save you money.
Oracle has several disaster recovery tools built into its software and platforms. If that is not enough, you could use Oracle VM as a component of your disaster recovery solutions.
The beauty of using virtualized machines and the cloud in your disaster recovery solutions is that you get to enjoy all of these benefits and more. In fact, disaster recovery, as a service which uses virtualization technology among other things, helps you:
- Get more cost savings by letting you pay only for the virtual machines you are using for your disaster recovery needs.
- Reduce data loss. Disaster recovery on the cloud can assist you get your data and applications up faster and help you lessen the amount of data loss you experience.
- Test your systems. Instead of merely wondering and worrying about whether your disaster recovery solutions would work in the event of a downtime, why not carry out a test to see how it works?
If you are looking to implement disaster recovery solutions using Oracle software and even for your entire IT infrastructure as a whole, call Four Cornerstone today. We have the Oracle experts that can help you leverage your Oracle investments and find out what needs to be done to ensure that you are safe from the high costs of unplanned downtimes.
Photo courtesy of Oracle.[/expand]